The Innovation Expo is organised by the Christchurch City Council’s Smart Cities programme to showcase some of the exciting, cutting edge technologies being developed in our city. The Expo is about looking to the future and giving the public a glimpse of some of the new technologies and approaches that are coming Christchurch’s way. It’s a chance for people to learn about how we are trialling new technologies to help create a safer, more connected Christchurch.
The 2018 expo was held on 21 May at the Novotel in Cathedral Square and was one of the feature events of TechWeek 2018.
There were 25 exhibitors, who put a lot of effort into showcasing their innovations in a fun and interactive way. Some of the innovations that the Smart Cities programme was exhibiting:
- A new app which uses augmented reality to show the features of Christchurch.
- A 3D flyover which shows how Christchurch’s city centre has changed since the earthquakes.
- Smart technology that is helping transform public transport.
- The technology being used to understand the effects of earthquakes in Christchurch and the impact on our infrastructure.
- A digital twin of Christchurch is revolutionising how we view and understand our city’s assets.
Check out the programme for the 2018 Innovation Expo below to see the variety of innovative projects on display.